mandag 18. januar 2010

E(p)føy

Eg rådførte meg med læraren min på Myerscough om eføyen.
Her er svaret.

Dear Svein,

Not all the pictures are uploading, but I can see some ivy (Hedera helix) on an oak in the one picture that appeared.

The only issues are:

· Increased sail area in the winter – making particularly dead/dying/rotten trees more vulnerable to failure
· The girdling of very slowly-growing elements of trees where winding stems anastomise (fuse together) around them and girdle them. This is quite a rare occurrence – but I have seen it a few times
· Making inspection more difficult – you can’t see the faults, because the climbing plant is obscuring your view of the fault.

What you lose, though is a really important haven for wildlife – and some free evergreen screening.

I don’t think I can comment any further without seeing the case in more detail. I hope what I’ve put is some sort of help.

Kind regards from England,

Duncan.

Duncan Slater BSc. BA(Hons) MSc PGCE MIfL MICFor

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar